Underage Drinking

San Luis Obispo is a college town, which means there are frequent arrests for alcohol-related offenses. For a person under the age of 21 years, one of the harshest penalties is losing your license for a year. Your driver's license is on the line. A conviction for Minor In Possession of Alcohol or other alcohol-related offenses results in a one-year driver's license suspension. If you don't have a driver's license, you will be unable to get one for one year. Partnering with an experienced San Luis Obispo County underage drinking lawyer can provide guidance on courses of action to limit the length of the suspension to weeks instead of a year.

California Minor in Possession (MIP) Attorney for Cal Poly and Cuesta College Students

Denton Wilson has extensive experience with all alcohol-related charges that can affect your California driver's license. He is ready to explore every viable alternative to prevent a yearlong license suspension. If the facts support a meritorious defense, he can help you fight the charge. If there are no viable defenses, then he will work to get you into a "Diversion Program" that would limit the length of time that you would be without a license.

By undertaking the Young Adult Diversion (YAD) program, you can avoid the severe license suspension. Instead of a full year without a license, you could get your license back within six weeks. The key, however, is to act quickly and decisively. Denton Wilson is ready to work with you.

To talk about any aspect of your MIP case or other underage alcohol possession-related cases in a free initial consultation call San Luis Obispo underage drinking attorney Denton Wilson now at 805-546-8098 or e-mail.